High school and community college counselors play a key role in helping students and families navigate the myriad processes of college preparation, admissions and financial aid. This site contains information that will help high school guidance staff in Oregon facilitate their students' journeys from high school and into college, including the OUS regional Counselor Conferences, high school coursework information, pre-college programs, and the Fall Visitation Tour. For more information on partnerships to ensure that students are prepared for post-secondary education, please see Community College Partnerships and K-12 Partnerships.
- OUS Counselor Handbook (PDF) 2011-12
An annual publication containing current information on admission requirements financial aid, scholarships and student services for Oregon University System institutions. The handbook is sent to Oregon counselors annually each fall.
- OUS Viewbook: Freshman and Transfer Undergraduate Admission Information 2011-12 (PDF), for entering students in 2011-12 academic year (PDF) – An annual publication produced in conjunction with the OUS Visitation program, this introductory brochure for prospective OUS students provides overviews of opportunities at Oregon's seven public universities and branch campus. The brochure is distributed to high schools by admissions representatives during the Fall Visitation Tour and a limited number of copies are available upon request after the tour. For information, contact the OUS Chancellor's Office at 503-725-5700.
- Campus Preview Dates (PDF)
- 2011-12 Deferral Form (PDF)- Request for deferral of Application Fee for admission to 2011-12 Academic Year.
- OUS Entering Freshmen Profile, for High Schools: These profiles provide feedback to Oregon high schools on how their graduates are doing in college, for those who enrolled as first-time freshmen at OUS institutions. Each profile includes data on OUS enrollment, entering academic profile such as average high school GPA and SAT, as well as freshman performance information such as average first year college GPA and average performance in certain courses.
- Upcoming Updates to OUS Admission Policy: The OUS is currently developing proposals to update admission policies to support and reinforce the high expectations and essential skills required of the Oregon High School Diploma. These changes, if approved, will most likely affect applicants from the high school class of 2012, forward. The new policies will be reviewed by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education Academic Strategies Committee in early 2011 during their annual review of the OUS Admissions Policy, and more information will be posted as it is finalized.
- OUS Native American Resource Guide offers information about campus resources, web sites, financial aid resources, community college transfer processes, distance education, and more to assist current and prospective Native students.
- Northwest Accreditation Commission
The OUS Office of Student Success Initiatives works to facilitate the successful transition of students into college, and manages the information on the counselor resources site. If you have questions, you may contact Judith_Moll@ous.edu