Enrollment Watch is a tool to help the Oregon University System, other education sectors in Oregon, the Governor, and the Legislature monitor more closely current and future enrollment in Oregon’s public four-year universities.
Our enrollment is shaped by a number of forces that make projections ever more challenging. Some of the forces affecting enrollment are:
- Growing numbers of college-age young adults in the Oregon population
- Increases in tuition and decreases in financial aid
- Availability of programs and classes desired by students
- The larger state and national economy, including unemployment rates
- Greater awareness of the need for a college degree in order to compete in the knowledge economy
- Changes in how students make decisions about attending college